Check out our current Job Openings in the Emergency Restoration and Construction field.
Our Current Openings:
$20-35 per hour
$41K-$72K Annual Full Time
What is a Restoration Technician Job?
When homes and businesses experience property damage, they call our company to restore the property.water/flood, fire/smoke, wind/storm, vehicle vs. building, earthquake or other property damage.
This is a construction job with a wide variety of different work at different locations each day.
Pay & Details:
- $20-35 per hour / $41K-72K per year. Pay is negotiable and dependent on experience and skill level.
- We are currently in a growth phase and promotions into supervisory, management roles are possible.
- Ideal if you’re looking for a career – not just a job, lots of training and advancements available.
- We’re an Employee-Owned company!
- Full Time, Monday-Friday. May include overtime hours and weekends occasionally.
- Read about the company benefits included below.
The work includes:
- Each day is a new location with new work. Not the same old thing every day!
- Clearing out water and controlling the moisture before mold has a chance to grow.
- Securing a property after a fire, flood, storm etc. This includes boarding up the property, shoring up the construction, installing tarps to prevent rain damage, or installing isolation rooms to ensure mold or asbestos don’t affect the occupant of the property.
- Demolition and removal of existing construction, building materials, cabinets, flooring, drywall, etc.
- Drywall replacement, painting, light construction (baseboards, light framing, doors, windows, etc).
- Cleaning of the construction site.
- Fire and smoke clean up.
- Packing, moving, storing, and unpacking the property contents.
- Take photos and video of the property before and after
- Document progress using the computer/tablets/phones.
- Driving to and from job sites with company vehicles or your own.
- NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – we will train the right people.
- OPTIONAL/HELPFUL: IICRC Certification is helpful if you have that. We do pay for training to obtain this certifications.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Abilities with hand tools, power tools, light construction tools.
- You must enjoy working with your hands and solving challenges daily on job sites.
- We love hiring people that are also work well with co-workers and our customers. Positive customer reviews are very important to our entire company.
- Ability to take direction, work independently, and take initiative on job sites. You must also be able to prioritize your work effectively.
- Have a sense of urgency while maintaining a high level of quality workmanship. (Speed is very important after a property damage).
- A great work ethic and teamwork attitude is vitally important. Working together with your team allows us to give the best service to our customers.
- You must be able to communicate, read and write in English.
- You must have a clean driving record (no prior DUIs) to drive our company vehicles.
- You must pass drug testing and a background check.
Be sure to read about our benefits below!
Benefits of Working at MSB
- We’re an Employee-Owned Company – that means you become one of the owners. Unlike other companies, Employee-Owned companies don’t give all the profits to one person (an owner). Instead it is distributed to all employee/owners into an account that accrues the longer you work here. It does require 3 years of employment to become an owner. If you leave the company, that account is yours to continue to accrue value, or to cash out, or to roll into a retirement account if you wish.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Contribution. We have a variety of insurance plans available to choose from and the company pays for most of the plan for the employee.
- Promotions & Advancements Available. We currently have around 40 employees, but we’re right in the beginning of a new growth phase. This means we’ll be looking to our staff to pick those who exhibit great potential as supervisors, leads, and managers. This is more than a job, it’s a career!
- We’re recession proof! While other construction jobs are lost during recessions and downturns, we continue to thrive. That’s because property damage happens regardless of a recession.
- We provide up to 2 weeks Vacation Pay, 8 paid Holidays, and 6 Sick Days per year. We also pay you when you take your birthday off.
- We pay for (and encourage) training and certifications. We want you to become more valuable to the company and that translates into higher pay and opportunity for you. That’s why we pay to train and help you become certified in our industry.
- We pay for mileage when you use your vehicle.
- We’re a well-established and reputable company that’s been around since 1987. We’re a company that you can be proud to work with.